Grain, Gluten and Dairy Free
I embarked on a new phase of my autoimmune journey when I decided to go grain free and gluten free. This was something that initially made me cringe – I love food! But finding and perfecting delicious recipes like this makes it all worth it 🙂 Please adjust recipe for what best works for you. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour*
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking soda*
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of xathan gum*
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (you can also use Blue Agave Nectar)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
*I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free products where noted
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, then slowly mix in wet ingredients. Once combined, pour mixture into muffin tins (or pour entire mixture in a loaf tin for banana bread). Feel free to add small amount of almond milk if mixture is too dry.
Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes. Let muffins cool then enjoy!